Family Physician – Ongoing Locum Opportunities
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non- profit organization funded by the North West Local Health Integration Network and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, emphasizing access to primary health care, prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Family Physician, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will provide primary care to clients and their families within a care model which emphasizes health promotion/education and empowerment. Practicing at NorWest CHC’s provides longer appointment times and lower patient volumes than many other primary care settings. We have a team of Nurse Practitioners, RNs, Dietitian, Community Health Workers and Administrative support staff. Longlac is located a 3.5 hour drive from Thunder Bay.
- No on call, evenings or weekends. Thirty five hours a week Monday to Friday.
- Comfortable housing accommodation available close to the clinic.
- Job Description available upon request.
*This position will remain open until filled.
- Medical degree and family residency from a recognized university.
- Current CPSO license and CMPA registration.Experience in a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health.Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multicultural community and diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced populations.
Please submit your application to:
Debbie Inman, CHRL
Manager of Human Resources
Norwest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: email@example.com
(Ad will be posted till December 13, 2019)