Family Physician Longlac Site – Full Time Maternity Leave
(Ongoing Locum Opportunities are available)
Part Time Locum Work Is Negotiable – Minimum week at a time is required
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non- profit organization funded by the North West Local Health Integration Network and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, emphasizing access to primary health care, prevention programs and services.We are currently seeking a Family Physician, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will provide primary care to clients and their families within a care model which emphasizes health promotion/education and empowerment. Practicing at NorWest CHC’s provides longer appointment times and lower patient volumes than many other primary care settings. We have a team of Nurse Practitioners, RNs, Dietitian, Community Health Workers and Administrative support staff. Longlac is located a 3.5 hour drive from Thunder Bay.
- Annual Salary at top of our physician salary scale which is equivalent to $137.36 an hour or $962 a day. One paid travel day is included.
- No on call, evenings or weekends. Thirty five hours a week Monday to Friday.
- 30 day notice period if for some reason physician or Centre had to cancel the contract.
- Option for an extension of a month for the locum, if the returning physician from maternity leave decides to take extra time with a notice period of 60 days.
- Comfortable housing accommodation available close to the clinic.
- Job Description available upon request.
- Medical degree and family residency from a recognized university.
- Current CPSO license and CMPA registration.
- Experience in a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multicultural community and diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced populations.
*This position will remain open until filled. Please submit your application to:
Debbie Inman, CHRL
Manager of Human Resources
Norwest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario
FAX: 1-(807)-622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Ad will be posted till June 2, 2019)