Do you want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS)
is a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.
The Canadian Red Cross – International Operations is seeking experienced Paediatrician
professionals to join our Emergency Response Unit (ERU) delegate register! When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, rather you are applying for a position on the ERU register, to be called upon for future emergency deployments, as and when the need for your professional skillset is required. As opportunities become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
An ERU is composed of trained personnel (whom we call delegates
) and state-of- the-art equipment ready to deploy at short notice nationally or internationally, to some of the most remote regions of the world, providing medical and healthcare aid to anyone affected by disasters and emergencies. ERUs may augment, or temporarily replace damaged or inaccessible local infrastructure with logistical, communication, administrative, clean water and sanitation support.
This opportunity means that if you are selected to be part of the ERU Paediatrician register, your application will be reviewed on a rolling-basis, and should you meet the role qualifications, we will contact you accordingly once there is a direct requirement for your profile and start you on the path of deploying with us as a delegate!
To deploy with us on national or international missions as an ERU Paediatrician delegate, you must have:
• Minimum 3 years professional clinical experience (in paediatrics)
• Academic qualification in medicine with specialization in paediatrics
• Current Professional Registration (registered and in good standing) in Canada or the United States of America
• Professional certification or post-graduate qualification in neonatology, emergency medicine, tropical medicine, humanitarian affairs or other relevant field is an asset
• Fluency in English
• Availability to deploy on short notice—48-72 hours and on unaccompanied missions of 4- 6 weeks
• Excellent physical & mental health with the ability to complete and maintain a thorough medical screening and receive medical clearance prior to departure in the field
• Completion of mandatory online courses and in-person training as required upon selection and onboarding
• Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector criminal record and professional reference checks
You will stand out if you have:
• Fluency in additional languages (French, Spanish, Arabic & Mandarin are major assets)
• Professional experience working in low resource, humanitarian or disaster contexts
• Experience living/working in hardship and/or low-resource environments
• International driving license OR experience driving standard transmission
• First Aid/CPR certification
• Previous experience working/volunteeringwith the Red Cross or Red Crescent Movement
• Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification is preferred
• Knowledge of varied needs among different paediatric populations (i.e. refugees, orphans/vulnerable children, survivors of natural disaster, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to use globally recommended guidelines to diagnose and treat patients
• Able to coordinate and deliver paediatric care services in low resource settings
• Able to work independently
• Competent computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail)
• Skills in training, facilitation, coaching and development of staff and volunteers
What we offer our delegates:
• Competitive pay and benefits package
• Travel, accommodation, medical & insurance coverage when deploying
• Pre-deployment and recurring training programs and professional development events in Canada and abroad
• And much more! See the list here: http://www.redcross.ca/about-us/jobs/before-you- apply/benefits
Want to foresee how you will make a difference? Visit our following websites below to get a glimpse of what we do, aspire to be one of our many current delegates, locate where we deploy, and much more!
If you have what we are looking for and looking to make a difference, apply HERE
Follow us on LinkedIn
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Print PDF Ad here English or French (Ad will be posted till June 16, 2019) 4256-Job Ad