The Nanton Medical Clinic is seeking a 0.6 FTE (and will consider increasing this FTE to a full time position) Family Physician to join their clinic under an Alternative Relationship Program (ARP), with no designated after hours call. Ideal for a physician wanting a rural community, relaxed atmosphere with ‘down to earth’ people. We are a one stop shop for local health care needs as the Nanton Community Health Centre houses the physicians’ clinic, Nurse Practitioners, Public Health, Home Care and Laboratory services. The pharmacy is next door as is a local physiotherapist and a block away is the Designated Supportive Living site. We also bring many specialists to the area including mental health, dietician, diabetic, respiratory and foot care to be involved in our patient care.
The physician will have a diverse panel including young families through to geriatric patients ranging in complexity which allows the physician to utilize a vast array of clinical expertise within their scope.
Benefits of working under an ARP:
• Better predictability and stability of physician revenue.
• Potential for more innovation in service delivery to attain:
- better continuity of care and more preventive care (e.g., smaller rural practices, intensive care units, pain management, underserved populations etc.),
- more practice efficiencies from better integrated care resulting from stable revenue (e.g., allied providers)
- greater scope to manage patient care, such as comprehensive examination of, and more effective service delivery for, patients with complex health needs.
• Enables better work-life balance, no evenings or weekends, paid a competitive hourly rate, not fee-for-service.
• Program and overhead support from AHS for practice expenses in the form of capital costs (e.g., premises) or variable costs (e.g., administrative support, IT, office supplies & medical supplies & equipment) • Potential for greater physician and patient satisfaction, with a comprehensive framework.
With a population of approximately 2,200 people, the community of Nanton can be found 40 minutes south of Calgary along Highway 2. Nanton is best known for its authentic lifestyle and a wide-range of local events focused on the community’s antique and culture scene with museums such as the Lancaster Air Museum. This unique southern Alberta community offers its residents a relaxed lifestyle in a great locale, allowing for spending time with family at home or enjoying one of the Town’s many recreational facilities. There are plenty of opportunities to become involved in the community through service clubs and local societies. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the natural settings in the nearby foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
With the Town’s close proximity to Calgary and located on the major north/south US/Canada highway corridor, Nanton supports a steady flow of tourism traffic. The downtown core is filled with boutique shops, and numerous cafes to explore. Nanton offers two schools for kindergarten through grade 12 and for those seeking post-secondary education, Calgary and Lethbridge offer a vast array of universities, colleges and trade schools. A local health clinic and excellent community health care network has allowed Nanton to be at the forefront of healthy living communities in southern Alberta.
Additional information can be found at:
Posting close date – August 30, 2019 or until ideal candidate is found.
(Ad will be posted till January 9, 2020)