Family Medicine Opportunities in PEI
Full Time & Locum
Health PEI is seeking Family Medicine physicians for a variety of full-time and locum opportunities across Prince Edward Island. Return-in-Service Grant and eligible Moving Expense reimbursements may be available.
Opportunities in urban and rural centers with flexible pay structures are available.
Why Work in PEI?
"The inviting beaches, the delicious seafood, and the stunning views. We’re proud of all of them - but there’s more to our island than what you see on postcards. Prince Edward Island offers great work-life balance with exciting health care opportunities to launch your career."
There are several bicycle rental shops on the Island, and with good reason: cycling is a great way to get around. The highest elevation is 142 meters (465 feet) above sea level, with much of the land rising and falling in gentle slopes. Add the Confederation Trail with its 435 kilometers (270 miles) of flat, rolled stone dust surface and you have a cyclists and hiker's dream. Or try some canoeing, kayaking, fishing.
Physicians can choose a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities as well as benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Our Recruitment team would be happy to connect with you about remuneration options. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of work:
Hours will vary dependent upon position.
- Return-in-Service Grant and eligible Moving Expense reimbursements may be available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
To apply, send your CV to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
(Ad will be posted till May 28, 2020)