Log in / Log out
2021 Update in Geriatrics for Primary Care
Friday May 7, 2021
Virtual Conference5.75 Mainpro+ credits | 5.75 RCPSC hours
View the Course Program
The University of Ottawa, Office of Continuing Professional Development is pleased to offer this 1-day course on the practical clinical management of geriatric patients. This program is designed to highlight strategies that primary care physicians, nurse practitioners and primary care allied health team members can utilize to improve the quality of life of their patients.
- New Guidelines for Parkinson Disease
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Advance Care Planning / End of Life Conversations
- Vaccinations in Geriatrics- New Guidelines in Dementia
- Elder Abuse
- Medications that Cause Falls
- Advance Care Planning: What is the role of physicians in these crucial conversations?
- Sleep Disorders
Overall Learning Objectives:
By the end of this conference, participants should be able to:
1. Apply current evidence and best practices provided to diagnose and manage select common conditions in seniors in the primary care setting, including sleep disorders, Parkinson’s disease and dementia.
2. Develop approaches to manage care and successfully engage in difficult but important conversations with seniors including in situations of suspected elder abuse and of advanced care planning in face of advanced chronic diseases.
3. Network with primary care colleagues and others working with seniors with a focus on creating opportunities and partnerships for quality patient care.
Accreditation:This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the University of Ottawa’s Office of Con-tinuing Professional Development. You may claim a maximum of 5.75 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the University of Ottawa’s Office of Continuing Professional Development for up to 5.75 Mainpro+ credits.
Want to be informed about SRPC events and news? Subscribe today Join the SRPC today
Make a donation to the SRPC Today - YOUR SUPPORT GOES A LONG
©Copyright 2017 - Society of Rural Physicians of Canada - All Rights Reserved.
P. O. Box 893 • 383 Route 148, Shawville, QC J0X 2Y0 • Phone 819-647-7054 • Toll Free: 1-877-276-1949 • Fax: (819) 647-2485
See a problem on our site? Contact us here: mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org