Current Chair: Dr. Steve Ferracuti, Haliburton, Ontario
How long with the SRPC : I have been a member of the SRPC since 2001
- Leaders of projects consistent with the purpose (currently Ray Markham, Karl Stobbe and Steve Ferracuti)
- A student
- A resident
- Up to 2 SRPC members interested in participating in a global health project
Activities/functions/areas of interest:
- Develop and maintain a list of projects for docs, students, residents.
- Develop and maintain links between appropriate partners. Examples: SRPC with CPAR, with AWB (Academics Without Borders) and others.
- Create venues for cross-pollination and support of this work across provincial boundaries e.g. sessions at the Rural and Remote medicine course.
- Describe the various types/categories of global health work, the ethical and economic issues involved with various types of GH work, and the skill required to make a meaningful contribution.
If you would like to join the committee let us know, send us an Email