Student Research Opportunity - ROMP 'Hire a Medical Student' Program
Opportunity Type: Student Research
Posted on SRPC website: 01-Feb-2023
More Information: The Rural Ontario Medical Program (ROMP) "Hire a Medical Student" opportunity provides learners with the opportunity to gain research and quality improvement (QI) experience in health care settings within rural Ontario communities. This program is a great opportunity for students to work with other healthcare professionals in a clinical environment.
The details regarding the application process are outlined below.
- Apply online at www.romponline.com
- Choose “Hire a med - CSJ” as the Rotation Type.
- In the notes section, please state you are applying for the Hire a Med Student opportunity
- Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Express rural communities of interest
- ROMP will contact you when communities have been established
- ROMP sends your resume and cover letter to communities you are interested in
- Those communities then work with you to set up an interview time
- Positions are offered!
- Focus on Quality Improvement projects and local medical research
- Work a minimum of 6 weeks
- Medical students in their pre-clerkship or clerkship years
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be between the ages of 15 – 30 years of age
- Interest in rural medicine and rural communities
Please ensure that you have followed the steps above and that I have received all the required information from you. At this point we do not have an application deadline as we have to wait to see which communities receive government approval to run the program