Are you a dedicated physician ready to impact Canadian rural healthcare? SRPC seeks individuals to join our Council, helping enhance rural community healthcare. Your expertise and commitment will drive real change!
Standing Committee Chairpersons Needed:
- Indigenous Health: Advocate for the health and well-being of Indigenous communities in rural areas. (This role is reserved for an Indigenous physician)
- Nominations and Awards: Recognize outstanding contributions within our community.
- Rural Surgery: Promote advancements in rural surgical care.
- First 5 Years in Practice: Support early-career physicians in rural practice.
- Research: Drive innovative research initiatives to enhance rural healthcare.
Provincial and Territorial Representatives Needed:
- Nova Scotia
- British Columbia
Role as a Representative: Act as a vital link between SRPC members and the SRPC Council. You will be the primary contact for discussing current issues and ensuring the voice of your province or committee is heard.
Term Details: Representatives serve a 3-year term, renewable once. Executive positions have a 2-year term, renewable once.
Volunteer Time Commitment: Approximately 16 hours/year—1 full-day Spring Council, 4-hour Fall Council, and 2-4 1-hour Zoom committee meetings.
How to Apply:
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) by eamil or in Microsoft Word (max 250 words), endorsed by one SRPC member in good standing.
- Include your curriculum vitae.
- Applicants must be active physician members of the SRPC.
Important Dates: All nominations and EOIs must be received by Friday, December 15th, 2023.
The Nominations & Awards Committee will carefully review all submissions and select the most suitable candidates.
Apply today or contact Jenna Keindel for more information: email@example.com